Shouta - Advent Calendar Promotion Terms & Conditions
1. By participating in the Shouta Advent Calendar promotion, you will be deemed to have: (a) accepted these terms and conditions; and
(b) expressly consented to our use of your personal information under the Privacy Act, Spam Act and other related communication and privacy legislation for marketing and other Shouta’s business purposes.
2. The promoter is Shouta, ABN 73 640 181 595, of Level 4, 11 York St, Sydney (Promoter).
3. The Promotion commences at 9am (AEST) on Wednesday 1st December and closes at 5pm (AEST) on Friday 24th December, 2021 (Promotional Period). The prize winners (winners of days 1-24) will be announced each day at 6pm leading up to the 24th of December (1st until the 24th of December).
4. Entry is open to residents of Australia who are aged 16 years and over (with a legitimate and active Shouta account, following @shouta_app on Instagram) at the time the Promotion starts, who fulfil the entry requirements and are able to take the prize on the specified dates.
How to Enter
5. The Promotion is open to existing and new Australian Shouta customers.
6. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram. Entrants completely release Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability relating to the Promotion.
7. Participants can enter the competition by downloading and registering via the Shouta app, sending a Shout and following Shouta on Instagram.
8. Participants can gain additional entries by tagging another Instagram user under the daily post.
9. The winner will be randomly selected (from the pool of qualified participants) by the Promoter. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with entrants.
10. Multiple unique entries are permitted, however, an individual entrant can only win one (1) Prize.
11. Employees of the Promoter and its Related Bodies Corporate (as this term is defined in the Corporations Act) and such employees' immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
12. To protect the integrity of the competition, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to verify, at any time (including after the closing of the Promotion) the validity of all entries (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits invalid, incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries or tampers with the entry process or uses any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means to submit ‘false’ entries.
Draws and Prizes
13. All competition judgement will take place at the premises of the Promoter, being Shouta, ABN 73 640 181 595, of Level 4, 11 York St, Sydney (Promoter).
14. The winners on selected dates will receive a Shout to their Shouta account. The numbers indicate the dates in December 2021 and prizes as listed:
1st December:$8.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
2nd December:$30.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
3rd December: $8.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
4th December: $8.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
5th December: $17.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
6th December: $35.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
7th December: $7.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
8th December: $13.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
9th December: $26.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
10th December: $7.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
11th December: $35.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
12th December: $17.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
13th December: $50.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
14th December: $58.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
15th December: $20.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
16th December: $35.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
17th December: $35.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
18th December: $25.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
19th December: $19.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
20th December: $8.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
21st December: $50.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
22nd December: $50.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
23rd December: $20.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
24th December: $60.00 Shouta Mastercard credit
16. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or part of the prize) with a prize of equal value or specification, subject to any written directions given by the appropriate State or Territory Lottery Departments. No responsibility or liability is accepted for any variation in the value of the prizes. All prize
values are in Australian dollars.
17. Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash.
18. The winner will be notified directly via phone or email or Instagram message from a member of the Shouta team. The winner’s name may also be published on any Shouta assets, including but not limited to social media channels, website and emails. Winners who cannot be reached within 7 days at their nominated email address or telephone number or Instagram handle will be disqualified and their prize made eligible for redraw under clause 16.
19. If for any reason a winner does not take their prize (or an element of a prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, or chooses not to participate in the Promotion or claim their prize, then that prize, (or element thereof), will be forfeited.
20. The re-draw for any unclaimed prizes will take place on Monday 10th of January, 2022 subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
Personal Information and Privacy
21. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use your personal information (such as name, age, region, email address) and any other information provided to the Promoter pursuant to this Promotion without remuneration or compensation to you for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning you and promoting Shouta, its business and related brands or services.
Limitation of Liability
22. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as part of the Promotion. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or its employees or agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable to any persons accompanying the prize winner. This clause does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its employees or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.
23. Subject to the approval of the relevant State and Territory Lottery Departments, the Promoter may:
a) modify or suspend the Promotion if all entrants participating in the competition until that point are notified of the changes to these Conditions of Entry, upon notification of any such changes, the affected entrants may terminate their participation in the competition without any liability to the entrant; or
b) terminate or cancel the Promotion.
The Promoter will not be liable for any modification, suspension, termination or cancellation.
24. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Shouta - Advent Calendar Promotion Terms & Conditions