Personal Information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information and the financial information, including the credit card information of the Shouta Biz User.
We care about your privacy:
We will never rent, trade or sell your email address to anyone.
We will never publicly display your email address or other personal details that identify you.
(a) the following capitalised terms have the following meanings:
- Non-personal Information means information which does not
relate to a person and/or cannot be used to identify a person.
- Personal Information means any information which can be used to identify an individual and described in detail in clause 2.
- Spam Act means the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
- We will treat all personal information in accordance with any and all obligations that are binding upon us under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). The Privacy Act lays down 13 key principles in relation to the collection and treatment of personal information, which are called the ‘Australian Privacy Principles’,
2. What is "personal information"?
Personal information held by you may include your:
- name and date of birth;
- company ACN or ABN numbers, full name, email address and mobile number for individuals using the Platform;
- residential and business postal addresses, telephone/mobile/fax numbers and email addresses;
- bank account and/or credit card details for agreed billing purposes;
- your computer and connection information; and
- any information that you otherwise share with us.
3 What Personal Information do we collect?
3.1 We may collect Personal Information about you when you use the Platform, register on the Platform or interact with us in any way
3.2 Information you provide to us: We collect all information which Users voluntarily provide to us through using the Platform or interacting with us. This includes information provided:
- during registration;
- during correspondence, enquiries, support services or phone calls, or
customer surveys; or
- uploaded onto the Platform in any way.
The Personal Information we may collect includes without limitation:
- basic information such as your first and last name;
- contact information including email address and phone number;
- demographic information such as postal code, age, and gender;
- other relevant information in relation to your use of the Platform;
- geographic location;
- any other information that enables Users to be personally identified.
3.4 Sensitive Information: Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information. Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained;
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose;
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
3.5 Information we obtain from others: We may also collect or receive Personal Information from third party sources, such as other Users, suppliers, social media or other third-party integrations.
4 Why do we collect, use and disclose Personal Information?
4.1 We may collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- to enable you to access and use our Platform, send or receive shouts and
interact with Users;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our Platform, business and our Users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for
advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders,
technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information
that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf
of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or
events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may
have with any of our Users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
4.2 We may also disclose your Personal Information to a trusted third party who also
holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information
in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we
can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience
and enhance the services that you receive.
4.3 The information we collect is not distributed, sold or leased to third parties for
commercial purposes, except for other purposes when we have your permission or
when we are obliged to do so.
5 Do we use your Personal Information for direct marketing?
5.1 We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about the services offered on our Platform. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us through the contact us feature below, or by using the opt-out
facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
6 To whom do we disclose your Personal Information?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- EML Payment Solutions Limited ABN 30 131 436 532; AFSL 404131;
- third-party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our Platform and/or our business or in connection with providing our services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are
- specific third-parties authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law
enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
7 Using our website and cookies
7.1 We may collect Personal Information about you when you use and access our Platform. While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our Platform, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
7.2 We may also use "cookies"; or other similar tracking technologies on our Platform that help us track your Platform usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our Platform may not work as intended for you if you do so.
8.1 We may hold your Personal Information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take
reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your Personal Information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information.
9.1 We may retain your Personal Information as long as you registered to the Platform. You may close your account by contacting us. However, we may retain Personal Information for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws. Even if we delete your Personal Information it may persist on backup or archival media for an additional period of time for legal, tax or regulatory reasons or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
10.1 Links: Our Platform may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we are not responsible for the privacy practices
11 Accessing or correcting your Personal Information
11.1 You can access the Personal Information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact us feature below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your Personal Information and, where this is the case, we will tell
you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your Personal Information.
11.2 If you think that any Personal Information, we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us using the contact us feature below and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
11.3 We will consider and respond to all requests in accordance with all applicable laws.
12 Making a complaint
12.1 If you think we have breached the Privacy Act or any other relevant privacy law, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your Personal Information, you can contact us using the contact us feature below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
13 Contact Us
Effective: 1 October 2020
Last updated: 05 May 2021