Shouta Pays-enabled Digital Reloadable Prepaid Mastercard® Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to the Shouta Digital Reloadable Mastercard® (“the Mastercard”).
The Shouta Mastercard is issued by EML Payment Solutions Limited (ABN 30 131 436 532) AFSL
404131 (EML) pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. Shouta Pty Ltd ABN 73
640 181 595 (Shouta) has been authorised by EML to distribute the Mastercard. When we refer to
the Pays, we are referring to Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay and further, when we refer to a
Device, we are referring to a mobile or wearable device that allows you to store or otherwise add a
Card to the Device. In these card terms and conditions, we, us or our means EML and Shouta; and
you, your or user means the Cardholder.
1. By activating, storing the Mastercard into your Device or using the Mastercard, you affirm you
have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Mastercard is a Pays-enabled Digital Prepaid Mastercard that can be used for purchasing
goods and services where Mastercard prepaid cards are accepted for electronic transactions
(excluding transactions at ATMs or over the counter at financial institutions).
3. The Mastercard must be activated prior to use and at least one (1) week prior to expiry. To
activate the Mastercard you must follow the activation steps in the Shouta app.
4. The Mastercard is not a credit card and nor is it linked to a deposit account.
5. There is no interest payable to you on the Available Balance on the Mastercard;
6. The Mastercard is reloadable. The Mastercard cannot be used to make transactions that exceed
the available balance. For such a transaction you need to pay the difference by another method
if the merchant agrees.
7. You must use your PIN to complete transactions over ninety-nine ($99) dollars.
8. The Mastercard does not have cash out capability. You may not use the Mastercard to withdraw
9. The Mastercard is valid until the expiry date shown within your digital wallet and cannot be used
after expiry. At expiry, the remaining available balance may be transferred to a new card at the
request of the Cardholder. By opting for a new card issue, Cardholder will incur a renewal card
fee as provided under the Fees and Charges section below.
10. To check expiry date, go to the Shouta app.
11. The Mastercard cannot be used to obtain or redeem cash and cannot be used for making direct
debit, recurring, or regular instalment payments. Use of the Mastercard may be declined at
some merchants (such as gambling merchants or merchants who choose not to accept the
12. In the event the available amount on the Mastercard is less than the purchase amount, some
Merchants may not allow Cardholder to combine multiple payment types (such as cash, check or
another payment card) to complete the Transaction.
13. We charge a service fee of 7% on the total of your Shout for using Mastercard. For example, if
you shout someone a coffee for $5, we'll add on a service fee of 35c. However, to the extent
permitted by law, some merchants may charge you for using the Mastercard and such fees may
be deducted from the balance of your Mastercard at the time of the transaction.
14. You are responsible for all transactions on the Mastercard. If you notice any error relating to the
Mastercard, you should notify Shouta Customer Support immediately by telephone or email.
15. You are responsible for checking your transaction history, knowing the available balance and
date of expiry for the Mastercard, all of which will be available to you on your Device.
16. Except to the extent required by law, we are not liable for any loss or damage arising out of or in
any way related to the use of the Mastercard, including:
a. if authorisation is declined for any transaction, except where the authorisation has been
declined because of an act or omission on our part;
b. if you have other cards stored on your Device for payment and you inadvertently use the
Mastercard when using your Device as a payment method;
c. for the use, functionality or availability of a Device;
d. the availability of merchants who allow the use of the Device as payment;
e. reduced levels of service caused by the failure of third-party communications and
network providers (except to the extent deemed liable under the ePayments Code); or
f. if your Device security measures are compromised, you allow others access to your
Device or to otherwise circumvent the security measures of your Device.
17. We are not liable in any way if your Mastercard is lost or stolen, or if funds are misappropriated.
If your card is lost or stolen please visit firstname.lastname@example.org to contact us for further assistance.
18. Our liability for breach of a condition or warranty implied by law and which cannot be excluded
is limited to either the resupply of the services or the payment of the cost of having the services
19. If you have a problem with a purchase made with the Mastercard, or a dispute with a merchant,
you must deal directly with the merchant involved. If you have a problem with your Mastercard,
please contact Shouta Customer Support on email@example.com during business hours or
alternatively you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
20. We may restrict or stop the use of the Mastercard if suspicious activities are noticed.
The following table illustrates the transaction and load limits applicable to the Mastercard.
Merchants or other providers of facilities may impose additional limits.
(The Maximum Available Balance is the maximum monetary value that may be loaded at any
given time. The maximum available balance is not to be confused with or reflective of the actual
balance. The actual balance is the monetary value available for use.)